Sunday, September 7, 2014

Green Meadow Waldorf School Reviews

We have seen Green Meadow Waldorf School investigated since the recent sex scandals broke - but let's have a look at some of the parent reviews too.  The first one suggests we haven't heard the end of the Green Meadow scandals:

Posted August 7, 2014
Please be careful as you consider this school. As a former parent, I found this school to be unsafe for my children (fairly recently). I think the insular nature of the GMWS community contributes to this. An investigation determined that illegal things occurred at this school in the past and much of it was swept under the carpet, only to be investigated after a former student exposed some of this. Information on this is easy to find on the internet. It's my opinion that most of the egregious issues that occur at this school, even recent ones, are only seriously addressed if they are exposed publicly. Proceed with caution as it's my belief that there are still lots of "skeletons in the closet" at this school. —Submitted by a parent
Posted May 13, 2014
The school community is incredibly insular. As another person previously stated, GMWS is a great place to be if you want to have no connection to the outside world. There are great class trips and you will make wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime. Going there is not to be taken lightly--it WILL change your perspective on the world and people, for better or worse. In my case, I was in need of serious emotional help when I got there. I think that, for me, the school did just as much harm as it may have done good. —Submitted by a student
Posted June 15, 2007
This school is different. If you want your child to lead a sheltered life and have no idea of what is going on in the world..then send them to GMWS. A good thing is that they will make friendships that will last them a lifetime. Students become very very very close that they are almost like family. Also they will go on class trips which are extremely fun educating. It also helps them bond with their classmates. If you are looking for a school out of the ordinary to send your child to this is the perfect one.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to speak with other Green Meadow Waldorf school parents regarding some concerns. I am a parent of a Waldorf student. My email: lillybailey0@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to speak with other Green Meadow Waldorf school parents regarding some concerns. I am a parent of a Waldorf student. My email: lillybailey0@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to other people's experiences, is this a very dogmatic Waldorf school? I'm considering it for my child. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

You may ask, "where are all the 5=Star reviews?" Well, the problem with those reviews is that many tend not to be too honest. I have included 4-star reviews that appear honest. Often, gushing reviews are placed by teachers and administrators - as some comments here indicate. "This school educates the whole child!!!" - 5 stars - by Anonymous... I say baloney! Notice, many of the reviewers have been misled by Waldorf and are still buying the PR, even after having been disappointed. Feel free to comment but understand the intent of this blog. Comments are no longer moderated.